Tuesday, 18 November 2008

Good things

Good things are happening!!  
1) Friday night I went out with Jeanine's friend and his wife and they are rockstar.  Allison is from Staten Island so I think she landed in London and decided to take over like any good New Yorker would.  She's getting close too...she invited me to Thanksgiving, her book club, and a murder mystery dinner.  And she introduced me to a few other friends of hers as well
2) Saturday Carolina and I found an apartment!  Its in Shepherd's Bush Market and is very secure (24 hour concierge service), has like 500 apts in the building and they are all young professionals, and they have mixers so we can all meet!  Hopefully people actually go to those things...they probably lure us with free booze.
3) I just laughed out loud really hard for the first time since being here.  My co-workers and I were all joking around and I sneezed.  Everyone kind of went, umm...God bless you... because it was one of those weird sneezes of mine.  Then it gets dead quiet and the IT guy, who speaks very broken english (not sure what he is...Pakistani or something), goes "That was weird."  I was dying and he then asked if he wasn't supposed to say that.  Good times.  
4) I figured out that if you want a regular coffee you order an "Americana".  How creative.  

Tonight we have a mixer with the new company that we just acquired.  They supposedly have lots of mid 20s guys that work there so maybe I can find my new work husband and finally replace Jason (don't worry Jason, as my first work husband you'll always has a piece of my heart). 

9 comments:

JC said...

Book clubs? Mixers? You are supposed to be miserable and miss your friends back in the states. WTF?!

Miss Moneypenny said...

you've got to be kidding with the name of your neighborhood. leave it to you to find the weirdest-named place to live. What's your apartment in goat herder's crotch like? good stuff, though. keep it coming.

Miss Moneypenny said...

ha! also just noticed your picture- you ARE going to make it after all...

Tberry said...

i'm not so sure you need me to break my piggy bank to come over and help you get settled anymore:( looks to me like you are already a social goddess!!! so, can i come to your murder mystery event? how were the gt news people? any cuties?

Kristina said...

So happy good things are happening! You missed the awesome AFP Pot Luck Lunch today =(

Unknown said...

Kat - not to dissappoint, but the Soccer team is going for a end of season happy hour tonight. We'll be at Adams Mill. I'll drink your share for ya.

Maura said...

Haha Kat I love your writing...I feel like I'm over there with ya! Have you tried going to a club yet? I hear they are big over there

MCC-SR said...

Hey, I just noticed your photo, after reading Liz's comment. Wherever did you get the idea to use MTM's photo??? I bet some smart guy suggested it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having so much fun! Your name came up no fewer than 35 times at the Managers/Specialist Retreat yesterday. You are missed! And, Jim has made me his new target to pick on now that you're gone - he even admitted it to me! Thanks a lot!