
I am officially a catch. Well, ok not quite, but after this weekend I feel like either I will be perfectly ok if I never meet someone, OR I'll be the perfect woman. Ok, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration too.
This weekend I honed my domestication skills. On Friday I stayed in because on Saturday, beginning at 7 am, I had the following being delivered:
-groceries
-kitchen ware (including glasses and pots and pans)
-a night stand
-a dresser
-a tv stand
So Saturday morning after everything arrived I started on the night stand. After screwing in a few things backwards, I ended up getting into quite a grove. Well, until I tried to close all the drawers and realized the middle one closes over the bottom one. But who really needs a bottom drawer anyway?
Project 2 was the tv stand. This involved glass doors. I was a little intimidated at first, but that turned out to be a HUGE success. Its amazing how different your place looks after getting the tv off the ground!
Project 3: I was starting to get really sore in my left arm from all the screwing (John - insert comment here), so I decided to head into the kitchen. I got everything washed and ready to use, and started on my first meal of the year. Chicken Chili. Well, that's what it was supposed to be. Except they don't have ground chicken here, even at the butchers. So it became beef chili. Earlier in the week I had cut my finger open while washing dishes. I took this as the kitchen's attempt to scare me off. But I did not falter. Not even when I was chopping onions and the knife slipped again. I threw it down and had a little talk with it. I explained that if this is going to work, he better cut the crap. After that he behaved (and I separately began to question whether or not I need to get a pet...at least then I'd be talking to a breathing creature). Anyway, at the end of the day, the beef chili turned out AMAZING! I was so proud of myself.
Verity came over and agreed that it didn't taste horrible, so that was great.
Project 4: On Sunday I tackled the dresser. Now, it was supposed to be like a dark wood color to match the night stand. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be PINE!. Imagine my second surprise to read that if I wanted to return it, I had to take it to a store. This is when I made the decision that matching furniture is totally overrated. This was a breeze to put together, and now that all my clothes are off my bedroom floor, my room looks MASSIVE!
SO, now I know I can cook, clean (oh yeah, I cleaned the bathroom - I hate that job), and build things. Clearly this makes me a catch. Tell your friends.
6 comments:
Very impressive indeed. Let me know when you have mastered chocolate layer cake!!
I am completely impressed!! That is a lot to take on all in one day. I want to see pictures of your place at some point! Especially now that the tv and clothes are off the floor ;)
Hope your arm is healed after all that screwing! HA!
That's what she said?
Yes, yes...get a puppy!!! You can call it Perpetua or some such nonsense :)
Also, congrats on finding your inner carpenter. I never doubted you.
if you do get a puppy, be prepared for me to visit a LOT more often...
ladies please, I can BARELY take care of myself, let alone another living creature. And clearly if I did get a puppy I would call him spider 3.
Post a Comment