Thursday, 12 February 2009

The best and worst of today

So I know I already posted something today, but I needed to share the funniest website I have ever seen in my entire life.  Its www.fmylife.com.  Comes courtesy of John Clark who I will now forever blame for any failures in my career.  

Also, continuing with this random stream on consciousness, I found a new radio station to listen to on iTunes called Hit Mix, a mix of the 70s, 80s, 90s and today.  Its really amazing.  I've heard 500 miles, Ace of Base, Journey, Jason Mraz, Coldplay, Beyonce...it truly is a mix.  I have had one complaint though.  They played a U2 song.  I hate U2.  

I know what you're thinking.  You are thinking the same thing EVERY single other person in the world (except Jason Moore) thinks when they hear I hate U2.  "What?? How can you hate U2?" "Aren't you Irish?  You're supposed to love him!"   Well I'll tell you what.  Its not the band so much I have a problem with, as it is Bono.  I can't stand him.  If I walked past him on the street here, which might actually happen, I would give him a dirty look from behind my sunglasses (which I wear despite the fact its almost never sunny here), roll my eyes and sigh heavily.  I have been mastering this process since I could walk, and I think I have it down pretty well.  At my wedding, the DJ/band will be under STRICT instructions to not play U2, no matter how much Jess or Molly tries to convince them just to piss me off.  

Alright well its 5:16 here and almost quitting time so I'm going to head off.  Have a great evening and a good weekend!

3 comments:

MCC-SR said...

The disdain you harbor towards Bono parallels my feelings towards Bruce Springsteen. To me he is a hypocritical gas-bag who envisions himself as some sort of working class hero. Hey Bruce - how about pouring yourself a tall glass of shut the hell up!

PS: You've destroyed the productivity of my sales admin with the FMyLife.com site. Thanks!

Kristina said...

I second that emotion with fmylife.com site. Mr. K will not be happy with me!

Can't wait to hear about your weekend!

Anonymous said...

I hate Bono too!