Thursday, 3 December 2009

Champagne (pronounced Sham-pag-nee for you non-world travelers)

I've been very bad at posting lately. Mostly because things have been so busy! I moved into my new apartment on the 15th, then that Friday four days later I packed up and headed to Champagne with Tam, Jam and Cam. We drove down to Dover at 0'dark thirty (I didn't do much talking on the ride down), and then once we get there, we drove onto a train car and parked the car. The train started moving and went under the English Channel and less than 30 minutes we were in France! Crazy.

So on the train ride over Jam was telling us all how the French are awful people. I thought well he can't hate them as much as Americans (aka my father and all the other Rush/Bill followers) do. False. We pull into Carrfour, (Me: What's Carrfour? Cam: Its like Target but better. No, that was a stupid thing to say, I'm sorry, nothing's better than Target.), a car pulled out in front of Jam. He exclaims "God! We've been in this country for 5 minutes and the French are ALREADY pissing me off!" I thought this was about the funniest thing I had ever heard. Thus set the theme of the weekend.

When Cam's hard boiled egg was small: Jam - Its because the French as so selfish!
When we couldn't find any street signs: Jam - Its a French plot to get us lost!
When we wouldn't get seated at a restaurant - Its because the French are too lazy and just want to go home!

It was hysterical. But overall, we hit a lot of Champagne houses, and I learned a lot about history surprisingly enough! And of course had lots of great steak, hit a few VERY small french restaurants, and discovered ugly French men have no qualms about dancing in front of a restaurant window to get your attention. Ew.

It was a great trip, but I have to say I was happy to get home among the land of the civilized Brits.

1 comment:

MCC-SR said...

Tell your friend Cam that the next right wing conspiracy nut meeting is Tuesday, 12/8 at Rush's house.