Friday, 18 December 2009

Commercials - Are they really that hard to come up with?

One of the reasons that I'm excited to go home next week is because I actually can't take one more full week of Brit tv. Granted, I only watch American television shows, but still the Brit commercials make their way in and attack my brain like some sort of burrowing insect in your brain. Here is one that has haunted me since I moved here:


The annoying thing is EVERYONE LOVES IT! Why?? They not only don't hate it, they think its hysterical. When he twitches at the end and says "simples", it makes me want to hurt someone. I get so mad! Especially when people are doing that in the office.

One of my co-workers just came over and tried to get me to go to www.comparethemeerkats.com. She keeps say "Kat, ees very funny! (clearly she is eastern European) You just go and compare meerkats! You MUST do!"

No, no. I must not.

Now she is comparing the meerkats and reading out loud the different descriptions of the different meerkats. And asking everyone that walks by if they've compared the meerkats. Seriously? Seriously. Get me out of here.

Clearly I'm at the end of my rope. If the IT guy comes in and starts singing the "go compare" song, its on.

4 comments:

mrs.mfc said...

HAA!! I have to admit the meerkat says "simples" at the end, I did giggle. I actually watched it twice ;) I can see how it could get old though!!

Not much longer!!!

MCC-SR said...

I watched the Go Compare guy; he makes the GEICO Gecko and that dippy broad on the Progressive Insurance commercials look good!

DSS said...

Yea...sorry. Adore the meerkat. He's presh. The fat man singing opera, however, I could definitely do without.

JennyMac said...

Ok..I have never seen either one of these. I, like you, will pass. haha.