Friday, 29 January 2010

I'm a WOOO girl

I hang out with a lot of married people. Married people and engaged people. This is 100% opposite of what my life was like in DC. I love all my friends here, but its just different. In DC, I think there was only one married couple we hung out with, and they were totally not even "that married couple" (you guys are awesome - MISS YOU!!). Here, out of my big group of friends there are 4 of us (was 3 up until a few months ago) that are single. I LOVE my married friends, but sometimes you just want to go out with the single girls. Its just different. We tried expressing this to some of them recently and they didn't really get it. I didn't really know how to communicate well either. Even if your husbands don't come, its just different.

Well last night I got home from visiting my friends 6 day old baby (which was terrifying btw), and How I Met Your Mother was on. This is by far the best show on television. Well, this and 30 Rock. So the episode was about how Lily (married) and Robin (single and recently lost her job) go out for Lily's friend from college's birthday. The friend, to Lily's horror, has turned into a "wooo girl".

As they describe on the show, a woo girl"is a type of young woman, who like the cuckoo bird or the Whip-Poor-Will, gets get name from the signature sound she makes. A woo can be elicited from a certain song coming on the jukebox ("Sweet Home Alabama" plays); to half-priced shots; from a ride on a mechanical bull; to, well, pretty much anything,"

So I'm looking at this and thinking, oh wow, well that's me! So Lily and Robin hang out with them and Lily is like, ugh this is horrible! Cut to Robin hanging out of a limo woo-ing. Lily later confronts her and says, wtf? you are a woo girl? And Robin explains:



(sorry if there is a commercial)

But yes, so to all of those married people who wonder why girls need single nights, sometimes its nice to just woo. So here's to Saturday night being a wooo-tastic night. And then I'll go back to hanging out with all my friends, but tomorrow...I WOOO!!!!!

2 comments:

JamTam said...

Ok, so I thought lily was alison monaghan (or whatever her name is). And I feel like her. I am never going to woo again. especially since I realise I actually do this in public.

An American Girl in London said...

Haha I thought you might like that. I'm also looking forward to non-woo things with you!!