Tuesday, 2 March 2010

SPRING!

The sun has come out!! TODAY!!  and yesterday!

It looks/feels like we might be entering spring time!  After the most depressing (weather-wise) past 4 months, I was very excited to wake up to the sun yesterday and today.  It was so sunny I actually thought I slept through my alarm.

The only down side of this whole sun business is that since its still too cold to go outside in a tee-shirt (its still like 40-45 degrees), the only time my body is being exposed to the sun is when I'm sitting at my desk.  Here is how this becomes a problem:

This is just my left arm, where the window is.  My right arm is sitting in the dark.  The problem is also happening on my face.  But honestly, I really couldn't care less.  If I look a little weird or two faced for a while, I'm perfectly happy with that:   That's what bronzer is for, isn't it?  

Let's see, not much else is going on.  Last weekend my friend Candee who I went to high school with was in town so we went out to dinner and then took bar soho by storm.  This week I bought a crock pot!  Yay for adult kat!  This is going to change my food life I think.  I hope anyway!  

I'm also super excited because V and I have planned a week long getaway to Spain the first bank holiday in May.  I CAN'T WAIT!  She lived there for like 2 or 3 years after high school, so she knows the ropes.  Just have to get through the next two months now.  

Oh also, I cancelled my cable because it was a complete waste of money, especially since I only watch about 3 channels.  The downside is that I nixed Comedy Central.  Total Fail.  But with the £40 a month I'm saving, I'm taking £4 of it and putting it towards the netflix equivalent.  If there are any movies you recommend, please let me know! 

Sorry this is boring.  I have two big nights coming up this weekend so hopefully there will be some funny stories from there!

3 comments:

mrs.mfc said...

YAY for the sun being out!!! I can't wait for some sunny days!!

Netflix is fabulous. You will enjoy having that. I just watched Whip It the other night. I really enjoyed that.

DSS said...

So glad the sun is out!! I can't imagine what London is like w/the sun out...as it surely wasn't when I was there :)

Crock pot = excellent investment!!! I have 5 gazillion EASY recipes if you are intersted.

Spain = green eyed monster over here. I want to go :(

DSS said...

Tag! You're it :) I've left you something on my blog...