David Cameron has been the official PM for about 24 hours and he's already cleaning up the neighborhood. Last night, while I was on the phone with A, I said, hold on a sec dude, there are like 4 cops standing outside my building.
"Seriously Kat? WHERE do you live? I mean, it's like a nice neighborhood, but it's like the most ghetto nice neighborhood ever!"
"I know, I know....hold on a sec, I'm going to go outside and see what's going on" (here is where I realized that I am not only my mother, but I am also my father)
So I went downstairs and followed one of the cops and I said, Hi, um can you please tell me why there are so many of you trolling around tonight?
"Ugh yes, it's just because of a local politician..."
"OH! Ok, it's alright A, just David Cameron!"
I looked down the street and realized that David Cameron actually lives right around the corner from me. This morning I woke up and looked across the street to the gang stabbing house and saw like 5 cops in bullet proof vests like what Stabler wears when they are busting down a door, and then there were three people in the background who I assume were lawyers, and one cop was being boosted over the fence to go in the back yard. So basically 5 1/2 months after the windows got boarded up after the gang stabbing, since Dave's finally gotten himself elected, they are cleaning up the neighborhood. I'm not going to argue with that!
This note was under my door when I got home from work tonight. Dave, feel free to take your time moving into 10 downing street. It's probably not that awesome anyway. I mean, who likes to work from home anyway?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Excellent! If they become a steady presence in your neighborhood we'll send you another Spider 2 so you can pretend to walk him at night and continue your banter with the cops. BTW, nice note they left you. I can't envision our cops handing out explanations like that.
is he single...aka Love actually??
Post a Comment