Following our excitement from the amazingness of the Katy Perry concert, V and I thought it would be really fun to see Ke$sha in concert. Her songs are fun, she seems a bit crazy, and the venue was the same one where we saw Katy. Before we knew it, the day of the concert was upon us. After work, V and I met at Hammersmith Station and hit the McDonald's. We were dressed in our work dresses and responsible commuting flats. Looking around us at McDonald's, I saw gaggles of girls with glitter on their faces sitting with one women who was about 40 (repeat throughout several tables).
"oh that's nice..the mom is taking her daughter and friends to the concert," we thought. Not thinking anything else of it, we finished our meals and headed towards the venue. When we got there, we looked around and felt a bit like my cousin Vinny and Marisa Tomei when they arrived in that southern town. We stuck out like SORE THUMBS. Let me describe the different categories of people around us:
1) 10-13 year old girls all glittered up, teased hair, and dollar signs on their shirts, followed a few steps behing by their moms
2) 13-16 year olds withOUT any parents. These children were wearing cut off tops, shirts that were strategically torn, hot pants, lots of make up and lots of glitter. They were not accompanied by adults, but by one of two groups of boys:
a) a group of very tall boy
b) a group of not as tall gay boys
All of the parties in group 2 were also carrying soda bottles that were not containing soda. The time was about 6:40. V and I looked around and felt VERY out of place. We tried to imagine what it would be like on the inside. I pointed out that at last the line at the bar would be short since none of these people can legally drink.
We then thought about it logically. Doors opened at 7, Ke$ha probably wouldn't go on until 9, we won't get home until 11, and (let's be honest) we're probably going to have to get PRETTY drunk to have a good time here while being pushed around with the teenagers. We debated going to the pub that's a responsible train journey away from both of our houses, and then thought, no. Let's suck it up and go in.
And then....
One of the people in group 2b (that's the little gay boys) threw up. In the line. At 6:45. His friends all laughed. They started taking pictures and shouting "get down with the vomit so I can take a picture!"
I looked at V. "Pub?" And we left.
Of course, we went to the pub, had a few bottles of wine and ended up feeling pretty bad the next day, but at least we were around other people in work clothes so it made it all ok!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is where I mention that in HK there is always a guy throwing up on a pavement at 6:45 (am or pm). Difference is that the guy is normally at least 35. It's enough to put me off my wine.
This is where I mention that there is always a guy puking on the pavement at 6:45 in Hong Kong - am or pm. It's enough to put me off my drink.
Post a Comment