Anyway, I went to my Irish Times on Friday night with Toria which was fun. I realized that the "Jersey girl" reputation is known round the world. When an Australian guy asked me where in America I was from and I told him "New Jersey", he responded "ohh so you're a Jersey girl as they call it huh? So that means you're really tough and could beat me up, right?". I told him that's exactly what it means so he better buy me a drink. So that was a good time.
Sa
turday was Chris's surprise birthday party. It was a great time. We went out to dinner, where we surprised him, and then headed to the Soho Bar for dancing and drinks. When we first got there, Amy Winehouse's long lost (and very high) cousin was grooving on the dance floor by herself with large men in tan suits hovering around her (waay sketch). But once the champagne was popped the Americans took the dance floor pushing Winehouse's "cousin" out of the way. We were later bombarded by "18 year old" boys, reminding me why I, only now, appreciate a drinking age of 21. It was a great night!
turday was Chris's surprise birthday party. It was a great time. We went out to dinner, where we surprised him, and then headed to the Soho Bar for dancing and drinks. When we first got there, Amy Winehouse's long lost (and very high) cousin was grooving on the dance floor by herself with large men in tan suits hovering around her (waay sketch). But once the champagne was popped the Americans took the dance floor pushing Winehouse's "cousin" out of the way. We were later bombarded by "18 year old" boys, reminding me why I, only now, appreciate a drinking age of 21. It was a great night!I topped the weekend off with brunch at "the Diner", an American style diner in Soho. I could help but laugh when they brough out the french toast with (literally) a thimble full of maple syrup. IHOP would not approve.
4 comments:
You know, with Mike Jr. working at Wiley you should see if he can get you a deal on a Jersey-Girl Travel Guide. It could contain all the European versions of the places you love here in the US.
did you go to the bar where we went? i sure hope you didn't wear you "slippers"!
haha no i have learned my lesson about the slippers!
At one point I'm sure the 18 year old (Simon James Reeves? Didn't you love it that he showed us his ID?) was humping April's leg...
Post a Comment