Happy Labor Day everyone! Well, everyone, that is, in America. Sadly I'm in the office. I know, I know, I had last Monday off. Well I want to have my cake and eat it too!
This month is already FLYING BY. I feel like I walked out of my house on September 1st and the wind was ripping, the leaves were falling down, and it felt like October. Then the swine flu got me, but I've bounced back. I'm 99% recovered which is awesome, since I have to be completely healthy for my birthday TOMORROW!! I'll be 26. What a useless birthday. All it does is remind me that I'm closer to 30 than I am 20 now. Not that I really want to be 20 I guess. When I was 20...well...I was at Catholic, let's just say that. I think my parents and relatives are happy that those four years remain more of a mystery than anything. So being on the plus side of 20 is not that bad. Getting into my late 20s is a little scary just because I feel like its all going by so quickly!!
Remember when you were little and you thought that you would get married right after college to your college sweetheart, and then you'd work for like a year, and then have babies and by the time you were thirty you'd be all done with that bs? And then you got to college (at least at Catholic), looked around at the male population, and realized, good Lord, the plan is already going to shit. Then you think, well, maybe I'll push the plan back like 5 years and kick it off at 25. Then somewhere between starting college and graduating you realize 25 is RIGHT around the corner. You've also learned that plans NEVER go as they should, so its time to abort that and just best to say screw the plans! So kids, if you want to know the secret to true happiness, ditch the plans. Study/work hard, and just let the rest of it happen. That's your moment of Zen.
But I'm rambling. So yes, Tuesday is the big 2-6, then Friday is the Tam/Kat/Cam birtday extravaganza, then Saturday I leave for Hong Kong. I'm super excited for that since I've never been to Asia, and I have the last two and a half days to play and be a tourist. SADLY, Giants season opener will be on (as far as I can calculate) at 4 am on the 14th. So I think I'll be missing that. But maybe my body clock will be soo off that I'm awake at that time. And maybe by some miracle, it will be shown on tv? Yeah...probably not. Oh well.
Anyway, I'll update as soon as I can with exciting news about the BDay extravaganza, actual birthday, and Hong Kong as soon as possible!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Here's the upside to 26, if you ever own a car again your insurance will cost less than it did at 25; so you've got that going for you. We'll keep you posted as the G-Men crush the girly-man Skins.
hahhahha thats actually dad signed in under my home friends' account lol
haha awesome.
If only I could be 26 again - I would give ANYTHING!!!! whoa, sorry.
Late 20s blows - Happy Birthday!
Can't wait to hear about Hong Kong!!
Here's a thought. You are still in your 20's. Quit bitching. When you are 36 call me.
Post a Comment