Thursday, 3 September 2009

Man Down!!

Well at least it happened when I said it was allowed to. I caught swine flu. Well maybe not swine flu, but some kind of flu. Friday I woke up with a bit of a cough, spend the weekend aching a little, and by Monday I felt pretty awful. I was popping motrin and downing fluids like it was my job. Monday was a bank holiday (aka random day off in the UK), so Tuesday I headed back into the office not feeling awesome, but not too awful. Wednesday though, the fever set in. That's when I got sent home/sent myself home from work. Today I stayed home as well just to be cautious. Fevers dunzo (knock on wood), cough is subsiding, and aches are gone. Tomorrow I'll probably head back into the office because I have a lot to do over the next week!

1) This weekend should be fun just because its the weekend
2) Tuesday its my BIRTHDAY!! I turn 26. Closer to 30 than 20. I'm not really panicked about I don't think, but I'm not in my usual birthday excitement mode. I think its just because I'm really busy.
3) I have to pack and do a little shopping for my big trip
4) Friday is my joint birthday party with Cam and Tam. I think it will be a great time and I'm very excited about that
5) Saturday I leave for Hong Kong for over a week! Its for work, so Monday-Thursday will be CRAZY busy, but Friday and Saturday I have all to myself to do touristy things. I have a few friends who've spent some time there who are telling me all the hot spots to visit (that are safe for me to go by myself if I haven't found a friend to tour with).

So basically the next few weeks will be crazy!

Also, I think its a bit crazy that as soon as the calendar turned to September 1st, the temperature dropped about 10 degrees and the wind picked up. It reminds me of waiting at the bus stop at the end of September.

OH and big news for British television! Friday starts How I Met Your Mother! This is show that I have been a fan of for a few years now. Jessica used to make fun of me everytime I requested we watch it, saying that its was the dumbest show on television. Then one day Sarah and Mike came down to visit and started talking about how they love it. I said ME TOO! and Jess rolled her eyes. Then someone else mentioned they love it and I said ME TOO! and Jess roller her eyes. Then at Kristen and Sean's wedding Chris said he loved the show and I said ME TOO and Jess said, yeah its not that bad! Now I know I like some stupid shows, but this is an awesome one. If you haven't gotten into it, I suggest you start. From the beginning.

Second awesomeness in Brit television is that The Real Housewives of New Jersey is starting. This show started casting when I was still home, and then when I moved it made its debut. Molly emailed me and told me that the show gives NJ a worse name than it ever. So I'm super excited, especially for the scene where one of them flips a table in a restaurant. I can't wait to see how sterotypically North Jersey these crazies are!

3 comments:

MCC-SR said...

Re this weekend: It might be a good time to play "see how long I can stay in bed" just to make sure Mr. Flu has moved on.
Second, it might be futile mission but try to make people understand that the good folks of Somerset County (Warren aside) are nothing like the gold chain wearing, heavy cologne smelling, Jet fan New Jerseyeans they see on the "Real" Housewives of NJ.

Miss Moneypenny said...

omg you'll love housewives, its amaazing. i'm not super happy with the timing of it, seeing as i leave for the uk in 3 weeks...

btw do you have the grazia with cheryl cole on the cover? bc i WANT it!

get better soon!

Susan Plumb said...

Glad you're really better, but keep it chill for a few more days. Your friends and co workers will appreciate not sharing this particular life event with them!


We love you (and I cant believe you drove that truck! at least it was on the right side of the road!!)

Love,
M