So remember that big weekend I had planned? Yeah, well I'm getting too old for this. I feel like DEATH today. But had an absolute fabulous time all three nights.
Friday night was the tamest of the three evenings, which is surprising because I was surrounded by the most alcohol. We all went to the wine show, tasted several different varieties, even learned a little. Then went and got a burrito, went to a bar, and got the tube home and was in bed by midnight.
Saturday was a little more crazy. Book club at my house. Book club = TONS of wine. There were about 10 of us, and we went through about as many bottles. We talked about the book, watched X Factor, then went dancing at a bar by my house which was awesome. We haven't all gotten together for a good boogie (as they call it) in a while, and the music was great, so it was definitely fun. However, Sunday morning I had red wine hangover which is the worst.
I pushed through and met up with DD, V and her parents at the tube to head to Wimbly for the BIG GAME!! It was awesome. SOO many people (82,000), tons of excitement, and every team's jersey represented. Before the game, DD spotted a McD's, and V's dad is also a big fan, so we went and got some food and then saw a gas station that sold beer, so we all got a few 4 packs to tailgate with.
**Background - DD and I are friends, we are hanging out. V was joking around with me that her parents could do a little recon and give my parents a call to let them know what they think about DD. We laughed because it was clearly not going to happen.
Resuming story-
So we are all standing around drinking, laughing, having a good time. Then V's mom stops and goes "Oh I just remembered! V, whose boyfriend am I supposed to checking out?" My face immediately turns bright red and my jaw drops. V just points to me, and then V's mom looks at DD and goes, "Oh! Well I quite like you! You look a bit like Ben Shepherd!"
HOLY AWKWARD BATMAN!!!
I start hysterically laughing, V starts laughing, and DD goes, Oh thanks haha. Then V's dad goes, Don't worry..we don't really know her parents!
I couldn't stop laughing. I love awkward moments, but this was a bit much, even for me. DD was a really trooper about the whole thing and later told me he thought it was funny. I just thought I was going to die from embarrassment.
The whole weekend was a lot of fun. I do feel like I need a week of rest to make up for it though.
Monday, 26 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Literally LOLed! HAHA! I love it.
I admire you!
I found your blog through a friend, and I couldn't help but follow you!
Brianne
Post a Comment