
Can we talk about the fact that its FREEZING outside?? Ok maybe not freezing but I feel like winter came over night! One day it was sunny and 67 and then it was a bit brisk (smelled like pumpkins and rugby season and waiting for the bus), and then it was COOLLDDDD! I have a feeling that it will be a rough winter!
Well I've decided to make the most of it. I've taken out all my winter clothes and started working sweaters into my outfits. I still refuse to wear my winter coat, because I need something to work up to. Instead I'm wearing my "I'M AMERICAN!!!" jacket, aka my northface. Not only is it a northface, its a salmon colored one. You see a few in London, but they are almost always black. Yeah I stand out a bit.
My second "make the most of winter" is to try and figure out whether or not I want to have a party. I love Christmas parties. In DC we used to have one before everyone went home for the holidays. It was great because we would all dress up, bring a dish or a bottle, Scrappy would get a Turducken, and we would just hang out. Sooo much fun. I love Christmas parties. I want to make sure I go to at least one, so I think to make sure that happens I need to have one. I haven't hosted a party since I lived in DC. I think my new apartment is the perfect place for it. I always feel bad having a Christmas party because what if you take someone else's date that they wanted to have theirs on? I think the solution to this is to loop it in with a Housewarming party. People can come and go as they please, since it will be during one of the 4 days that people actually have Christmas parties.
I mean really these things are just an excuse to get everyone all together. Soo what do we think? December 12th? (can't believe I'm planning this before Halloween has even happened) Save the date folks!
1 comment:
I think December 12th sounds perfect! Yes, yes...like a Christmas Open House :) That's a perfect plan! You will have to send me pix of the new place once you are in. So exciting!!!
AND...Smalltown, VA is having similar weather. Boo hiss! It took 10 minutes for the frost to melt on my car yesterday morning. Blech!
Post a Comment