
It was no surprise to me that it rains alot in London. I had kind of prepared myself for that. And if I didn't, November really broke me in when I first moved here when it rained - no joke - every day. Since then, since the new year, its actually been not bad. We had a nice snow storm, biggest one in 20 years, we've had temperatures that have hit 85-90 (which, now, I really wish I could get back and didn't complain about so much), but mostly its been in the mid 70s all summer. Fine, I can stand that. I'll be in DC in August and I'll soak up all the heat and humidity I can then.
This month, however, has been a bit of a weird one. I think Mother Nature is actually bi-polar. One minute, its sunny and lovely, then a cold breeze comes through, and 5 seconds later its torrentially down pouring. Two weeks ago, it started out as a lovely day: sunny, 75-80, low humidity, awesome. Around 3 pm the sky turned legit black and the clouds opened up. In a 4 hour period we got two days worth of rain to the point where an entire tube line was closed due to flooding. You may say, oh whatever Kat, its been raining up and down the east coast all summer. Oh yes? Well, let me ask you...did it hail?? Because it did here! Who has ever heard of hail in 75 degree weather? And it was decent sized too! I stormed out of our little sales room into the main area and asked, obviously, if the world was ending because this is not normal! Everyone looked at me like I had 2 heads (a look that I am actually used to getting now). Apparently in London it ONLY hails when its "hot" outside. Seriously? This country is WEIRD!!
Anyway, I was just reminded of this because the sky has once again opened up and I think this has good chances of destroying my outfit for my "single ladies night out" that I have with a few of my girlfriends tonight. I'm really wishing I didn't wear my new flat sandals that are completely open and holey. Mother Nature and I are officially in a fight.
3 comments:
You're in town in August? We're going to have to have a beer or 20.
As for the DC weather, it's been unusually mild- barely getting into the 90's with low humidity. I have not been complaining at all. Also, in June, it rained almost every day as well. We had a dry spell, but yesterday it rained all day and we're looking at scattered t-storms for the next 10 days straight.
Long story short, I blame you. But will still buy you a beer since I miss having you around.
Well, I declare! Whatever is wrong with that country? AND...however does it hail in the summer? Doesn't the ice melt?
Pish Posh!
P.S. Thanks for the shoe site link. I found some :)
i know how you feel, i felt the same way last summer in ireland. wearing pants, it raining and being cold all summer made me want to cry every day. the 3 weeks i was home in nj last summer were absolutely amazing, to have it 90 and sunny... but it made going back to rainy weather sooo much harder!
Post a Comment