Last night, Hills was in town from Chicago. Her husband Kevin is English, so they are at his parents for Christmas and decided to have a night in London. It was soooo great to see them! They were staying at the May Fair Hotel in Green Park, so we decided to meet there for a few drinks, and then Hills and the girls were going out to dinner while Kevin went out with his friends. I walked in, threw my coat at the couch on the one side of the table raving about how gross out it is, hugged everyone and sat down. Kevin kept staring at the table next to us, specifically the man sitting on the couch next to me. After a little bit, Kevin eye candy got up and left. Kevin said, That's Wayne Bridge. I said Huh? Hillary said, you know, John Terry slept with his girlfriend. OOOHHH I said. How fun is that??
After Wayne and his friend left, we decided to pull over one of the tables so we would have more room for the rest of our friends. After we did that, a group of older men (probably in their 40s and 50s) came over and asked if we were using the table. I said we were but if you want sit there until our friends get here, you can. So they did. A lot of Kevin's friends started showing up, so I said to the gentleman sitting in the chair, Excuse me, our friends are here now, so if you wouldn't mind...
Grumpy old man: He can sit on the couch next to you.
me: Um, yes, he could, but this is why we pulled the table over. We want that chair that you are in too.
GOM: Oh go on love, he'll be fine standing.
me (very sober, and very grumpy. It had been a bit of a defeating day and homeboy picked the wrong girl to "love" on the wrong day): Wow...are you always such an ass hole?
All the GOM: wooahhh woahhh no need to say that!
me: Look I'm sorry but we pulled the table over for ourselves and we need the chairs now. We were very nice to let you sit there but now we need the seats back.
GOM: Well, whatever, we're leaving in a minute anyway.
I think turned back to the girls and explained how the grumpy old man is probably some washed up no one who has a few quid in his pocket to rub together so he thinks he is the king of the world. The GOM got up a few minutes later to get another round. I was mad at this point because they clearly were NOT leaving. We decided to ignore them and occasionally send them dirty looks when they came back from the bar.
A few minutes later, one of the cocktail waitresses comes over with a bottle of champagne. She puts down four glasses and says, "This is for the birthday girl". I looked at Hills to see if she was pulling some prank, and then V and them Amrit. They all just shook their heads. I looked at the waitress and said, I'm sorry, I think you have the wrong table. And she said, oh..well this must be for you then. She puts down a check envelop with a receipt sticking out. I was like, well wait a minute, I'm not paying for this if I didn't order it. I opened up the envelop and read the receipt:
Hahah. I looked at the GOM, said thank you, and then had the waitress pour us glasses. This did not, however, excuse the fact that they did not get out of the seat. But it didn't hurt. After they finished their round, they left. The girls and I then went to dinner, and then met up with the boys for further beverage consumption later in the evening. Overall, it was a great evening!
I think we all know now, the moral of the story: If you see an ass hole, call him out on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love this!
Another step forward in US - UK relations. First President "Chosen One" gives back the bust of Churchill, then they give the Queen non-UK compatible DVDs and now this.
Lol ... gotta love the front! Hope it was Krug!
love it! i would never have the nerve to call someone out on being a butt. but i'm glad it paid off for you!
Post a Comment