(second title: Another one bites the dust)
So, remember that boy that I mentioned a few times recently? In the course of two months, he wanted me to meet his parents, his sister, he talked about coming to NY for new years eve, etc. It was all very full on very fast. This freaked me out at first, and I mentioned it to him. We talked about it and I thought, well if this is a good thing, might as well dive in. Apparently his freak out occurred two months after that. Rather than chat about it, he decided to go off grid.
At first I was mad, then sad, then livid, then nothing. I don't want to discuss it, or hear how much better off I am without him, or how he's a coward, or it's his loss. I've decided to channel my sales training. When I first started selling, I was TERRIFIED to call people because, what if they said no? After a few days of this, my boss at the time's son sat down down with me and was like, I totally get how you feel. BUT, you can look at it like someone is turning you down. It's a numbers game. Each "no" brings you closer to the one person who will say "Yes". And when that happens, you win!
After that, I didn't take it personally. Then I realized that I'm pretty decent at this whole selling thing, so if someone says no, it's probably because we just don't have a good fit. And sometimes I had to say no to clients because they weren't a good fit for my company.
SO that is the boring/adult approach I'm now taking. That, and just spending the month like a true brit - heavily intoxicated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am livid. Just livid. Damn Brit. Stick with Americans from now on. (i cannot believe i just said that)
I'm a fan of the re-do, personally. Anyone you can re-date? Hmmm...
hahah not in this country! and here's me being very mature and adult. perhaps I will not write off the ENTIRE country. Just under 30 year olds who are momma's boys...whose mothers say to you "I hate america". :)
Post a Comment